Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tybugs1

Sunsets

Hi All

Took a nice sunset picture tonight on the way back from fishing. I wish I knew how to take them better but I gave it a go anyway. Let me know what you think.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Still trying to get the hang of all this.

The other sunset was from a few weeks back and thought I would share it as well. I loaded two different shots of the same one.

thanks

1st shot

DSC_0066fCR.jpg

2nd shot

DSC_0084f2small.jpg

Tonights Sunset coming back from fishing

DSC_0837f1smallcr.jpg

What do you like and don't like and how could I do better?

thanks

Lynn

Tybugs, those kick azz. very nice, I feel like I am there, Cheers Futzer.

Ps, would you consider selling me pic 3 in say a a 11 x 17 ?

Fantastic photos...............I especially like the most recent one. What camera and lens setup are you using. I'm just a new comer to the high end cameras and have been looking at getting a nikon d80 or the likes? Looks like you have a nice set up would be interested in more details, thanks and great photos.

Fantastic photos...............I especially like the most recent one. What camera and lens setup are you using. I'm just a new comer to the high end cameras and have been looking at getting a nikon d80 or the likes? Looks like you have a nice set up would be interested in more details, thanks and great photos.

Hi Rainbownater

It was taken with a D300 with a 18mm x 200mmVR lense. The other lense I have is the 80 x 400 VR. I still don't know what I'm doing and trying to learn all I can. I went with a really nice camera and a few lenses. I'm to old to learn several different cameras :) These guys in this forum have been awesome and know thier stuff. I have learned a bunch. Hang out in here and share like the rest. Ask questions and everyone will help. Hope that helps. I'm way behind the learning curve but will help where I can.

Hi Lynn,

Those pics are great, you should really be pleased with them. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Nice Lynn.

When the suns that low, theres not alot you can do to avoid silohettes other than adding a Grad ND to hold back the sky a bit. First two I like and 3rd has a nice array of colours in the sky. To my eyes and taste a tad over saturated but thats completely subjective. Some people like the colors saturated and some dont.

Nice Lynn.

When the suns that low, theres not alot you can do to avoid silohettes other than adding a Grad ND to hold back the sky a bit. First two I like and 3rd has a nice array of colours in the sky. To my eyes and taste a tad over saturated but thats completely subjective. Some people like the colors saturated and some dont.

Hi Wulff

One of the next purchases is the Grad ND :) and a Macro Lense and a welll you know, cant have enough stuff. On the picture though. I went back and looked and the original looks pretty much the same. Not sure I really tweaked anything if I remember. Would you tweak it to lighten it up some?

Lynn

lol we can never have enough stuff. Everytime I think Im done buying something else comes along. Its a money pit.

"i" personally would try to mute the colours a hair, notably the reds..you can do that in PS by selecting either the red hues or red saturation levels. Not alot mind you, just a bit. But like I said potato/patato. Saturated sunets register with some people and not with others. Theres no right or wrong.

lol we can never have enough stuff. Everytime I think Im done buying something else comes along. Its a money pit.

"i" personally would try to mute the colours a hair, notably the reds..you can do that in PS by selecting either the red hues or red saturation levels. Not alot mind you, just a bit. But like I said potato/patato. Saturated sunets register with some people and not with others. Theres no right or wrong.

I was able to tweak the reds a little. Least I hope I did it right :)

I also need a really nice portrait len's :) and and

Here is the adjusted pic

DSC_0837f1small2.jpg