Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
E. Oregon Midge

Hair head

:headbang: :yahoo: DAMN Rocky.......that BE BAD!!!!!!!.......only one thing i might, (well, i would of), done differently........and that's made the tip with gold tinsel.........when i use gold hooks, i use silver tinsel for tip/tags.........when i use silver hooks, i use gold tinsel for tips/tags. And since you had a nice "golden" tail.....i'm thinkin' a gold tip mighta been KILLER on that silver hook. Woulda matched up with thail perfect. But that aint no biggie at all...........and it's just my eye. The fly ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL design.........GREAT execution........WONDERFUL proportions..........and your heads have now GOT IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like i said..........that fly ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your pony aint smartin'. :D mark..... ;)

Rocky, that's a pretty good discription..............Steve Silverio (a tyer at Somerset, go see a pic @ Somerset Pics) had a crap load of it at the show and he was doin' Saltwater flies with it..........doin' "Mixed Wings".....(same way i do em, for some of the Steelhead/Salmon flies i do), with it. Dang cool flies he had on view there.........big, and full of color. It's a GREAT material..........i'm bout to get it in every color thay have.....mane, tail and body. Steve reps. for some company that supplies it. If you (OR ANYONE) like, i can put you in touch. mark..... ;)

Hey Rocky, very cool. I want to hear how you decided to use Koolaid as a dye. I expected a child was involved. :-)

Cheers, Jeff