Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hookeye

Hello to everyone.

This site looks like a great place to be if you can't be fishin'. I am an Oregon trout fly fisherman. It's the off season in rivers right now. Besides, it's dark out! My favorite things are (maybe not in order) fly fishing, fly tying, talking about fly fishing, talking about fly tying, and my wife and kids. I look forward to virtually meeting everyone, fish on, Hookeye.

Time to fill those fly boxes back up for next season... Check out the pattern database for ideas, or share your patterns with the group... Join a swap or two... Pose a question, or offer an answer to someones question... Looking forward to your participation, in whatever way you choose. Welcome aboard Hookeye! :)

Welcome Aboard the best flytying site on the web! :cheers:

Whereabouts do you live in Oregon? I grew up about halfway between Salem and the coast. :clapping:

Lots of great fishing, though lots has changes since I left in 1977. :crazy:

Welcome Aboard the best flytying site on the web! :cheers:

Whereabouts do you live in Oregon? I grew up about halfway between Salem and the coast. :clapping:

Lots of great fishing, though lots has changes since I left in 1977. :crazy:

Bigdewy, I'm just out of Toledo, which is just out of Newport on the central Oregon coast between the Siletz and the Yaquina rivers. During the off season in the rivers, I fish the Ojalla and Devil's Lakes. I'd like to try some surf fly fishing too one of these days. I'll have to read up on that one first though. Hookeye.

I use to fish the Siletz and Alsea for steelhead. Also dug a lot of horseneck clams in Yaquina Bay over by the OSU Marine Science Center. Lots of fishng and hunting around there. Have fun... :headbang:

Welcome Hookeye, your just on the wrong side of the state. Steelies are in strong this way. I had a home on the Alsea while in college, know your area well.