Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vaflyguy

Bad fly shop

So it's been well over a month(11/7/08) now since I placed my first and last order with TCO flyshop. I only ordered a few things, a stacker, some dub, roll of thread, about $20 worth. It has taken them since Nov 7th, a dozen emails and 2 phone calls (1 from the owner, apologizing) More than month later I finally get a part of the order, my dub, then the thread, and finally a stacker I didn't even order. I emailed them back and was assured the new stacker was on it's way via UPS, that was days ago. I give up, they aren't going to pull through for me, it's already cost them twice the value of the order THEY screwed up. So if you are considering dealing with TCO, think about this thread.

Brian

The one in Reading, PA is literally in walking distance from my house. I go there once or twice every month. I don't find a problem with what they do. I'm young and they go out of their way to teach me new fly fishing skills, show me the hot flies, ect. However, a lot of the older guys I talk to on the local streams say they don't like TCO. I think TCO focuses less on catching fish, and more on enjoying the sport. Sorry to say this guys, but I actually agree with them. It's not all about catching fish. There is much more to fly fishing than catching fish.