Fly Tying
Futzer

Missing Heptagenid mayfly nymph

In the last few days there was a Heptagenid mayfly nymph posted, by I believe a European tyer. The gills method was too cool. He tyed in strands like an X wing, then folded a pair back to make each gill set as the latex body was wrapped forward. The tyer showed about a dozen pictures. I did not bookmark it, and can't seem to find it again. Anyone know?

Thank you, Futzer.

Prybis, thank you thank you, we have a winner. Thank you too Peregrines, I normally tied the Oliver Edwards nymph, and it fishes great. LuciV's idea with the gills is cool and like everything I am tweeking it. May end up in the FTOTY contest. We will see.

I appreciate the help. Never looked in the step by step. I tend to forget it is there.

Cheers, Jeff. :hyst:

Prybis, thank you thank you, we have a winner. Thank you too Peregrines, I normally tied the Oliver Edwards nymph, and it fishes great. LuciV's idea with the gills is cool and like everything I am tweeking it. May end up in the FTOTY contest. We will see.

I appreciate the help. Never looked in the step by step. I tend to forget it is there.

Cheers, Jeff. :hyst:

It's funny you mention Oliver Edwards as this method of adding gills is one of the techniques he came up with. He wrote an article about it in an issue of Fly Tyer, not sure which one off the top of my head, but I wanna say it was in '07.

Luci's fly is a beauty. Why modify it? I don't really see anything to modify!

Cause I am a helpless tinkerer, and I admit I have the problem. :rolleyes: Thanks, and not to say LuciV's fly or Oliver E's are not perfect. I just have to experiment.

Thanks, Cheers, Futzer.