Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mozes

Problems with Renzetti and fly tying table

OK I don't have a digital camera, but I tried doing this in Paint . Please excuse my drawing, I was never good at it. My problem is when I move jaws up in order to align them with cradle, the whole assembly is sitting to high. I was thinking of cutting down the side arm an inch or two in order to bring the whole thing down a bit.

post-2-1089208562.jpg

Ok sorry Dave when mozes said he had a clamp I guess assumed he was clamping it to the kitchen table or somthing, but now I see thats not the case the hole vise is elavated on a arm of a tying table.

Mozes

Could you mount the bobbin rest to the vise's stem under the tying tables arm?

OSD.

How about an adjustable chair? Then you could raise the vice and your seat to the appropriate height.

Nice drawing,

maybe you could pull the little plastic plug off the bobbin cradle, cut an inch or two off (on the vertical part), put it back??

get a pedestal base???

Mozes- that's perfect and I understood exactly what you were describing. Here's what I don't get-

If this is a c-clamp, then WHY DOES THE STEM NOT!!! pass through a thru-hole from top to bottom of the clamp, allowing for height adjustment with a thumbscrew against the stem??? or am I just stupid 'cuz I can't see the blind pass-thru in the clamp- I looked at the company's website and it (the c-clamp) isn't even identified or pictured. If it does, I apologize to the designers- then it needs to be shortened or ported thru the desk.

Tell you what- go visit the Anvil website and look at their Apex vise c-clamp and you'll see what I mean. I am computer stupid and wouldn't know how to do paint if it were spilled in my lap, so I can't draw it.

Speculation: I find it hard to believe that a company who can make such obnoxious legal challenge noise about their supposedly proprietary design feature failed to plan a height adjustment into something so simple.

Buy a Dynaking and help them fund their countersuit.

If this is a c-clamp, then WHY DOES THE STEM NOT!!! pass through a thru-hole from top to bottom of the clamp, allowing for height adjustment with a thumbscrew against the stem??? or am I just stupid 'cuz I can't see the blind pass-thru in the clamp- I looked at the company's website and it (the c-clamp) isn't even identified or pictured. If it does, I apologize to the designers- then it needs to be shortened or ported thru the desk.

C-Clamp does have a hole that the stem passes right through and can be tightened in any position.

I have question for people with sidearm benches. How high is the railing above work area on your bench?