Fly Tying
rainbownater

Rainbow larva

This fly is killer as a dropper on the eastern oregon streams i fish. Simple tie, but spectacular results dropped from a pheasant tail.post-17042-1239578700_thumb.jpg

This fly is killer as a dropper on the eastern oregon streams i fish. Simple tie, but spectacular results dropped from a pheasant tail.post-17042-1239578700_thumb.jpg

What materials do you use? What material is the body?

Thanks

Size 18 scud hook, red uni thread all the way down hook shank, tie in a strand of danville's mylar tinsel (rainbow color/see through). This is what i wrapped the body with and it's magic, you can see the natural look of a ribbed body as a result of wrapping. It's almost see through, so the red thread shows through, but it's also a pink iridescent shimmer in different lighting. Looks great in the water. Finish the head with a bit of red antron dubbing against the clear plastic beadhead. The last thing i do after whip finishing head is to cover the whole body with a coat of "Hard as Nails". :)