Fly Tying

One spot left!

Hi Ross, I wanted to help your cause, but am just too busy at work to swap much right now. PM Dart and Brian Brown 75, maybe one of them can save the day.

Cheers, Jeff aka Futzer.

can someone explain how these work I 'll be poppin' my swappin' cherry on this ??

Very simple.

1: Tie 12 flies of the same pattern.

2: Toe tag the flies with your Forum Name. A piece of paper with your Forum name attached to the bend of the hook works fine.

3: Place the flies into something to protectect them. Altoids Tins work great.

4: Place the container into a shipping envelope. Include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with your flies.

5: Put your Forum Name on the back of the shipping envelope. It helps with Identifing the tyer.

6: Send the flies to the Swap Meister.

Once everything has arrived, the Swap Meister sorts the flies and sends you back twelve flies. One from each of the 12 othe participants.The number of tyers may vary per swap. If the swap sates twelve tyers there are actually 13. The 12 tyers and the Swap Meister.

Remeber to have fun and try not to get over whelmed. Try not to do more swaps then you can handle at one time. I try to do swaps that I know I can tye for as I've only been tying seriously for 3 months. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we love to answer them if we can.

Hope this helps. Also there are a few rules and explanations posted at the top of the forum page. Makes for a good read.

All filled up and swap is now closed! Tye em up boys!!!! I am lookin forward to some nice terrestrials to tempt those wascahwee wabbits , er fish.

Thanks Rich ! Ill post a picture when I get done with my dozen unless anyone doesn't want that so they can be suprised

Kevin

Thanks for counting me in on this one. I'll be doing a foam hopper.

JohnR

Just finished up my dozen this morning before I have to head back to work tonight :headbang: Take a look at em

post-20612-1243265310_thumb.jpg

post-20612-1243265245_thumb.jpg

I'll be tying a foam hopper also. I'll try to give it a little twist!

Those are really nice Bulldog

In case anyone is wondering what the yellow closed cell foam on top of the overwing is it is an indicator, because I know where I fish it is a pain in the @$! to see them on top of the water lol. I figured I would throw them in there to help !!

What would be the best all around size hook for tying a hopper. I wanted to know what you guys thought would be the best size.