Fly Tying
cussfly16

Galways March Brown wet

Thanks for the nice words guys. The strip of Thin Skin starts about 3/32" and tapers out to about 3/16". I forgot to mention that i use a black marker to color the edge so thanks for catching that Ray. I use this method on my nymph pattern also, only i include the gills along the side with some thin ostrich herl. I used so much light the camera really picked up the yellow floss underbody, but in natural light it looks more brownish golden. In the early spring, when the March browns and Quill Gordons are starting their business, this fly is deadly on the Chattooga. I offered some advice to Ark. Mike last night on a pattern, and realized I had never posted any patterns. So I felt like a hypocrite, got on the vise to whip that fly out and then suffered with the camera trying to get it to take a decent picture. I have just as much appreciation for the quality photography as I do for the quality ties. So this was my debut on this site and I appreciate you all being easy on me......

Has nothing to do with anyone being easy on you . The fly is a beauty.Thanks for sharring the pattern.

Fred

Hey Cuss, very nice tie, exceptional and a beautiful photo. Cheers, Futzer.