Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
George Serbia

Soft Hackle with Cactus Shenill

Two variations for "underbody" with Cactus Chenills

The flies are well-tied and designed. The pictures are very dramatic!

Well done!

Great caddis imitations George. Very well done. That chenille is bulky yet you squeezed it in the thorax nicely.

:thumbup: I love the blend of materials (new and old). Both patterns are very attractive.

My exact thoughts too, letumgo. I really like how it doesn't add to much bulkiness to the fly and adds just enough sparkle to grab the fish's attention. I may have to steal that pattern and adapt it to a few of my own patterns..I am sure you won't mind :devil:

Man, I really need to get into wet fly tying and fishing. I get so used to your standard dry/nymph ties I forget there's a whole world of tying and fishing style in "wets"... Cool stuff.

QUOTE (Dubb J B @ Nov 21 2009, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, I really need to get into wet fly tying and fishing. I get so used to your standard dry/nymph ties I forget there's a whole world of tying and fishing style in "wets"... Cool stuff.

right that

Those are great softies. I have used the Fish Fuzz Yarn from South Africa for bodies on some soft hackles, I like your idea of the cactus chennile for the thorax. I'll have to give it a try.