Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dill

stone fly

First try. It's ok I guess a little stiff for fishing. What do you think was looking at a photo of stone fly.

post-18435-1260999301_thumb.jpg

Good attempt . I see the photo is from 2006 have you done any more ?

Fred

Just the way my wifes camera is set up don't know why that date is on it. Tied it tuesday it took about a hour and a half. Tie mostly tubes for steelhead/browns and trout nymphs but always looking for new ways to fool fish. I think I could get into tying realistic flies.

Love your flies you guys do great work

dill

looks way better then my first 25 stoneflys that i tied. I must ask about the color selection, is this native to your area? (we black or gold)

dill , you have gotten off to a good start . I like the way your colors come together even if you were just using what you had on hand. And your comformation overall is nice. I think you will like your next attempts more and more as you refine your techniques . But having an eye for color and proportion are a good start. I look forward to seeing more of your flies.

Fred

very nice compared to my first attempts. Still trying to "pretty up" my pattern before posting it again. Haven't had a lot of time to devote to the bench lately, but since trying a few realistics, that's all I think about. Maybe one day I'll get a presentable pattern! Keep at it and share your work!