Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
B.C.TroutHunter

Excited?

Rate you excitement level (10 is bouncing around and 1 is don't care)  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wated a 1. I have never a been a contest guy. With only 2 years of tying I don't stand a chance baby.gif . As long as my flies catch fish, I don't care how good they look in the picture.

David

I have always tried to promote the event as being "fun". Sure it is a contest and there will be voting but my goal has always been to showcase the talent of the members here. I have gotten alot of feedback from people saying "I'm not really a competition kinda guy" which is fine. I just hope everyone realizes that I do this event for the pure fun and excitement of an event this big.

Me, I am defiently a 10. I have been waiting all year to kick this thing off and I really enjoyed doing last year's contest. The time surrounding the voting I have never seen people more excited.

If most of my tying stuff wasn't in storage I'd be thrilled...I just hope I can move into my new house and get my desk set up before the dead line.

I'm so running out of flies although last night I'm working a beach and catching stripers like mad. Then a guy comes up to see what kind of fly I have - normally I'd be more than happy to show and share, but I was using a grossly over sized thunder creek minnow because I haven't tied in a month.

Guy was nice enough to explain to me that I shouldn't use fresh water flies in the ocean. I was going to say something sarcastic but instead I just caught another fish. The fly did eventually come apart but hey they all do that.