Fly Tying
taotefishing

Zonker Body TUbing

Any ideas where to find bulk braided holo mylar for zonker bodies. FLy shop price per yard is outrageous and you get about a fly per inch. Are there any craft sites to find it cheapter? I'm mainly looking for some 3/8-1/4 in diameter. I just picked up some small for 50 cents a yard on clearance at Jo-anns. I asked if they could order any larger sizes and they were no help. WYSIWYG at Jo-anns

I was milling about Michael's and happened on "Craft Cord" or some name like that near the yarns. A few colors mostly fused to the core, but will still slide over the hook.

The silver version of this, however, was exactly as sold in fly shops, with the cotton core and mylar silver braid. It's about small size, and something like 25 yards for $3!

Saw the holo in bulk somewhere, but now can't find it... maybe JannsNetcraft.com?

Jannsnetcraft.com sells it in small and medium with colors gold or silver for .45cents per 3 feet. Not a bad price compared to fly shops.. Janns actually has an OK little selection of fly tying materials and when I did alot of lure making and was just getting into tying flies, I had ordered some items from them and the quality was decent. But maybe not what you would expect from a super reputable fly shop or private bird farm.

Chris