Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fede

The first attempts

These are among my first attempts, help me and tell me where I need to improve and above all how to do!

I apologize for my bad English.

Caddis:

post-19937-1275137251_thumb.jpg

post-19937-1275137316_thumb.jpg

Stonefly:

post-19937-1275137329_thumb.jpg

post-19937-1275137341_thumb.jpg

post-19937-1275137358_thumb.jpg

I like alot about this fly. Proportions and color are good . Just a couple things maybe to do on the next one. Bend the antenarae backward like most caddis . And use a smaller dry fly hook .I tie flies , even those for framing on the size hook I would tie to fish it. So when I finish I can frame it or I can fish it. Not all of your early attempts at realistics will come out just as you like . But they may make better than average fishing flies.

You are doing alot of things right from the start . I can only see yur tying getting better and better. Keep it up.

Fred

Hi Fede

A very good first attempt and I like the overall look as a fishing fly. To increase the realisim the legs could do with the femur being buit up to at least double the thickness of the main leg. I like the stonfly and if the colour in the picture is true is is a very close copy of the natural insects coloration

Great job

Mike......................... B)

I 'm new on your forum , I want to beginning in realist fly tying ,

I apologize for my poor english , I 've not send post on this forum , but I 've looking at many posts and flies are very nice , I like all the flies presented on this forum , IT's very interristing......

Best regards from france .......

Welcome GT79.......or maybe "bon Champs"...............pull up a chair and have a beer.......

Some great tyers on this forum

Mike........................ B)

A warm welcome to both fede & GT79, we all look forward to seeing more from you.

Fede's showed a lot of dedication & hard work in his first post & to say that they're his first "realistic's" I'm very impressed.

GT79 we all look forward to seeing your work as well & in the mean time if there's anything you need any advice on (fly tying wise, that is) then this is THE place for it. As my good friend Mike said, many of the world's best tyer's are on here & all of them are very keen to not only help, but also learn from people from all parts of the world who have different insects/methods/materials etc.

By the way guy's, NEVER worry about your English. we've coped before with all sorts of languages & you're both doing very well so far. If we can't work thing's out then there's always google translate.

Thank you very much every body , there is very nice fly tying flies on this forum , it's impressive

My first test for a french challenge of fishing flies fly tying ,

I've finished first and one of my friend at the fird place : http://apml.over-blog.com/pages/Chalenge_H...ier-893242.html

best regards from france

Thanks for the advice. I can not actually do very imitative legs. If you have instructions not hesitate to send them!! For the color of the wings I used different colors (with pantone markers type).

Hello Gt79 Welcome, you have participated and won the first try, your flies are wonderful!

In which area you live in France?

thank you fede , I'm from poitou charentes , from niort near the natural parc of marais poitevin ,

best regards