Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TotallyFlyTying

Learning Realistic Fly Tying

Hello,

I have been tying for around a year and I never heard of realistic Fly Tying untill I joined this forum.

I was wondering what the best way for a beginner like me to get into this form of art? i.e what materials to use, how to use them and of course, a good fly to begin with.

Many thanks and best reagrds,

~David

Hi David, p.m. me a landline number/time etc I'm available most times, just need some notice.

By the way, your "url is not valid & cannot be started"

Hi David, p.m. me a landline number/time etc I'm available most times, just need some notice.

By the way, your "url is not valid & cannot be started"

Hi arkle,

Thanks for letting me know about my URL, I have now fixed it.

Ill send you a pm just now,

Best Regards,

~David

Hi,

What do you use for the body. For example on a Mayfly how would I get the segmented body?

And how do you create realistic wings?

Many Thanks,

~David

Have just spoken to David & afterwards watched a couple of his videos. He's a very competent lad with both a rod & tying gear. I'm sure he'll be well at home here amongst us.

Have just spoken to David & afterwards watched a couple of his videos. He's a very competent lad with both a rod & tying gear. I'm sure he'll be well at home here amongst us.

Thanks for that arkle, that means a lot!

~David

Hi David

I would be glad to offer what assistance I can when I get settled into life in Texas. I have tied a few realistics and have many hints, tips and advise to offer.

Take a look at a few of my previous posts to get an idea of how and what I tie.

Email me in a week or two ok.

By the way Arkle (John) is a great tyer and woulod be a good help as you have found out im sure.

He is also a very old friend og mine

Mike................................................................. B)

Hello,

I have been tying for around a year and I never heard of realistic Fly Tying untill I joined this forum.

I was wondering what the best way for a beginner like me to get into this form of art? i.e what materials to use, how to use them and of course, a good fly to begin with.

~David

Send you a message two days ago. Any questions you have, I'll answer with pleasure.

Greetings!!!!

Sergio

Hi David

I would be glad to offer what assistance I can when I get settled into life in Texas. I have tied a few realistics and have many hints, tips and advise to offer.

Take a look at a few of my previous posts to get an idea of how and what I tie.

Email me in a week or two ok.

By the way Arkle (John) is a great tyer and woulod be a good help as you have found out im sure.

He is also a very old friend og mine

Mike................................................................. B)

Hi Mike,

Ill have a look at your Posts and check out your flies. You can check out some flies i have tied by clicking on my signature.

Many thanks for your time!

Ill look forward to the hints, tips and advice you have to offer.

Best Regards,

~David

Hello,

~David

Send you a message two days ago. Any questions you have, I'll answer with pleasure.

Greetings!!!!

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

I recieved your message and I am very grateful for any help and advise you have to offer.

Ill be sure to message you with any questions that i may have!

Many thanks and tight Lines,

~David