Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Prybis

Maryland Forums

I am looking for some Maryland Fly Fishing forums. I found one called fly fishing maryland but I can not register since it will not load the letters in the Visual verification box. I grew up in the Glen Burnie and Pasadena before going into the Army. While I lived in Md. I was not into fishing. Now I like fly fishing and was looking forward to coming back to Md. and trying for some trout. I am trying to plan a trip next year for a vacation so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike P.

Mike,

I dont know of any MD forums. Where are you coming back to for vacation? What time of year? That would help to point you in the right direction. Let us know and we can start with that.

I would be coming back for a vacation. It will be some time in the spring or a week in July. Since I am not sure yet I was trying to get some basic info. Thanks for the Great Feathers link but I that is the site I tried to register with but can not get the visual verifaction image to show up.

Mike P.

I would be coming back for a vacation. It will be some time in the spring or a week in July. Since I am not sure yet I was trying to get some basic info. Thanks for the Great Feathers link but I that is the site I tried to register with but can not get the visual verifaction image to show up.

Mike P.

Mike,

If you hit the area in July you may be disappointed. The heat and the humidity are killers for the trout during the Summer. Usually we dont get a lot of rain which also causes a problem. However, try the Gunpowder since it has a controlled release of water and stays a certain temp year round. I tend to move towards the smallies and panfish during June, July and August cause of the above mentioned factors. You could make the drive out West and hit the Savage as well. Most of the streams I fish for trout are only decent in the Fall, Winter or Spring.

I thought July would not be a good time for trout. I have ran across some info for Savage and Gunpowder and will also be trying to get a copy of the book Guide to Maryland Trout Fishing: The Catch and Release Streams.

I have also been able to get registered on both of the forums mentioned. Thanks for the help.

Mike P.