Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dezod

Trout Life Cycle Swap II

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. Quite a range of sizes and styles. All nicely-tyed. Thanks to the swapmeister for hosting a swap with a twist.

Glad to see they are beginning to arrive. I expect that they arrived in california today or tomorrow and that they will get overseas in another week or so.

I really thought they were a good group of flies.

I was waiting for the pictures to post my recipes, but I will explain my group of flies.

#1 Heavy prince nymph with gold biots. I have had really good luck with this fly where there are small stoneflies of many different colors. I will switch to #2 when the water is lower or slower and if the fish are a little more fickle.

#2 Biot Bug. Lighter. That glass bead adds a little shimmer at the head.

#3 I use where the water is really calm. Trude style with the red holo tinsel. Sits very low in the water

#4 Is my somewhat secret weapon around here. Any small stonefly in rough free stone streams can be mimmicked with this highly visible renegade style fly. I leave the hackles ling so I can trim them with my nippers depending on the conditions. It is simple, easy to tie, easy to see and mostly a killer on the fish.

Thanks everyone for participating

C

Great swap and set of flies gentlemen. I got mine a couple days ago. Thanks Dezod...it was fun.

Any flies make it Down Under or to the Netherlands? They should be getting close.

C

Sweet, thanks fischa

That just leaves Sjo in the Netherlands. Please let me know when they have landed.

C