Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Fry

Shrimp Orientation

Curtis:

Very nice! I would suggest plain barbell eyes at he tail end, rather than the painted ones. Also, my very limited Spanish tells me that "Chupapesca" would be a more appropriate name, as "Chupacamaron" translates as "shrimp killer"; meaning that it is something that kills shrimp. "Chupapesca" would translate as 'fish kiuller", in the context that it really slays the fish.

perchjerker

Curtis:

Very nice! I would suggest plain barbell eyes at he tail end, rather than the painted ones. Also, my very limited Spanish tells me that "Chupapesca" would be a more appropriate name, as "Chupacamaron" translates as "shrimp killer"; meaning that it is something that kills shrimp. "Chupapesca" would translate as 'fish kiuller", in the context that it really slays the fish.

perchjerker

Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't sure on the eye color, but who knows. As far as the name (I lived in South America for a few years and work throughout Latin America now for my job -- so I speeek e de spanish), it literally means "Shrimp Sucker" -- which would, of course, apply to the fish that eats it, but I'm guessing the fish won't mind... ;)

Curtis, pretty cool looking creation you have there! I really like the barred rubber legs.

As for the colored barbells, initial thought would be to have plain but on second thought you still have "eye" impressions at the front end even if they are plain. On third thought, you have a multi-use pattern especially based on Perchjerkers early statement that fish are opportunistic. Depending on what angle the fish sees this from, it could be a small fish or a shrimp.

Now, if you want to eliminate the barbells, you should try this channel lead from Cascade, kind of like scud body weights but more versatile.

http://cascadecrest.com/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=32

Nice job as usual.

Kirk

Curtis, pretty cool looking creation you have there! I really like the barred rubber legs.

As for the colored barbells, initial thought would be to have plain but on second thought you still have "eye" impressions at the front end even if they are plain. On third thought, you have a multi-use pattern especially based on Perchjerkers early statement that fish are opportunistic. Depending on what angle the fish sees this from, it could be a small fish or a shrimp.

Now, if you want to eliminate the barbells, you should try this channel lead from Cascade, kind of like scud body weights but more versatile.

http://cascadecrest.com/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=32

Nice job as usual.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk! And I'll have to give that channel lead a try. The hackle flash I use on the body is also from Cascade Crest...

Curtis:

Mea culpa. Hadn't had my second cup of coffee yet. Don't know why else I said 'killer' when, as you state, it means 'sucker'.

Cheers,

perchjerker