Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishing99

disco Serendipity

Hi,

This is my version of a serendipity. It is tied on a short shank size 20. Probably the equivalent of a size 22.

Think this will work this spring?

Thanks,

Byron

IMG_1134.jpg

Sure, if you carry around a microscope to tie it on. Are you fricken crazy? Why would you tie that small, I'm surprised your vise could hold that thing. Nice tie buy the way, and it will probably work.

Sure, if you carry around a microscope to tie it on. Are you fricken crazy? Why would you tie that small, I'm surprised your vise could hold that thing. Nice tie buy the way, and it will probably work.

Thanks. I guess I tie them that small because God makes diptra that small.......

maybe a class on bugs is in order before you go spouting off on people

Dude, it's tyed on a #20... :bugeyes: Guess you never had the chance and fished midges :dunno: What do you think of size #26-#32's :punk:

Also, that is a proven pattern.. Will work 100% i'm sure of that.. Byron very nice tye, looks awesome B)

Dude, it's tyed on a #20... :bugeyes: Guess you never had the chance and fished midges :dunno: What do you think of size #26-#32's :punk:

Also, that is a proven pattern.. Will work 100% i'm sure of that.. Byron very nice tye, looks awesome B)

Thanks NJ. Where do you fish????

LOL. I don't believe in the Big Bait catches Big Fish Theory myself. I was think a #20 was normal. I'd hate to see your reaction to my collection of tiny flies. Nothing larger than a #28. The Serendipity is like the Woolly Bugger, a proven fly that gets results.

Byron - That looks a hundred times nicer than the group of #16s I tied this weekend. Maybe I'll open break out the #20 hooks and see how they come out. Tied up a few #18s last weekend just for fun using red floss on a couple and yellow floss on others.

LOL. I don't believe in the Big Bait catches Big Fish Theory myself. I was think a #20 was normal. I'd hate to see your reaction to my collection of tiny flies. Nothing larger than a #28. The Serendipity is like the Woolly Bugger, a proven fly that gets results.

Byron - That looks a hundred times nicer than the group of #16s I tied this weekend. Maybe I'll open break out the #20 hooks and see how they come out. Tied up a few #18s last weekend just for fun using red floss on a couple and yellow floss on others.

Greg

Here's a size 32 Tiemco hook

Hard to get it in the vise even with micro jaws!

IMG_1146.jpg

Greg

Here's a size 32 Tiemco hook

Hard to get it in the vise even with micro jaws!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/byhaugh/IMG_1146.jpg[/

Those are nice ties. What do you use 2 pieces of deer hair for the #32 serendipity.

In New Jersey,, The Pequest river fishes great when you use small midges in the winter. Also I fish some PA waters that require small midges to be very productive as well. Where do you fish???

Also, Ed Engle's book "tying small flies" is a excellent book for info about tying midges.

Those are nice ties. What do you use 2 pieces of deer hair for the #32 serendipity.

Most likely the the tips instead of the butts.