Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

PowerDirector 9

Figure there has to be some of you guys in this forum that are also into editing video as well. Anyone own or used PowerDirector 9? if so tell me what you thought of it, pros/cons.

Steve

Steve

I have been using PowerDirector for about three years now and I just upgraded to version 9 about four months ago. Like any video editing software there is a learning curve to it but I did a lot of research on editing programs and for what the program can do and the reasonable cost I think was worth my getting it. Like most video editing programs it works best on a main frame computer rather than a laptop. Like most programs it is easier to edit standard def rather than Hi def as hi def vids are huge files and are taxing on any computer but can be done for sure. You can download a free trial and look at it for yourself but I have no regrets in purchasing it for myself. Rather than listing pro and cons myself, go to this link which will list pros and cons for most editing programs.

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

There are two versions of PowerDirector 9, the Ultra 64 and the Deluxe version. If you have a 64 bit OS and would like to burn on BluRay disk or AVCHD to regular DVD then I would go with the Ultra version. I bought the Ultra version even though I have a 32 bit system now and it runs just fine. My next computer will be a 64 bit system so I bought the Ultra version with that in mind. Here is a link to the CyberLink site showing the differences between the Ultra and the Deluxe. I bought the hard copy so it would be easier to install when I get a new computer.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/compare_en_US.html

Here are a couple of links on You Tube that show what Power Director can do:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/0/j-yAFqf3ILA

Here is a link to a video that I made last year of my tradition bow kill. This was edited in PowerDirector so you can see a little of what it can do. I am still a novice but am getting better at it the more I do. There is more to the program than what I have used for sure but it is nice to have that as I progress more. One nice feature is that you make a slideshow from still photos. There are a lot of transitions and it comes with a photo editing program and you can add many special effects such as slow motion to your video. It will allow you to fix camera jitters, speed up videos, apply special effects like motion to your stills and many other that are to numerous to put in this post. Overall I am happy with my purchase.

If you have any other questions let me know and I will try to answer them if I can.

Bob