Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Sigve

Hello from Norway

Hi

I'm Sigve from Norway. Married with kids. Work as a project manager.

I've been fly fishing for 25 years and fly tying for 20 years. I mostly fish trout and preferably with dry flies. Im no purist though, just don't find it that interesting to nymph fish.

My favorite fishing is trout rising on a mayfly or midge hatch in crystal clear rivers or lakes. I like all sorts or rods and actions from cane to fiberglass.

Sigve

post-34828-0-79928900-1312577513_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the board. Looks like you have at least one really nice spot to fish. Tell us more about that, and lets see some of your flies and country.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find a lot of usefule information here and I look forward to your contributions as well. Where in Norway are you from, my family emmigrated from Tysnes to the U.S.

Hi Njardar.

Njardarheim (Njardars home) is a place up in the mountains near where I live, Stavanger city in the west of Norway. It was known for good lakes that could provide fantastic fishing. It also where known for hunting. All that is gone as there has been made a big dam to provide us living in the city with electricity. Just a fun fact for u:)

Thanks for the welcome by the way.

@ Utyer. I'll do my best to post reports with pictures of rivers, flies and other fly fishing related "happy" moments.

Sigve

I wish I had made it to Stavanger when I was there several years ago, my relative talks about how beautiful the region is.