Fly Tying
mybadhabit

Donations for Casting for Recovery Retreat

It is getting down to the finish line, I hope all of you that are donating can get the flies into the mail this week. Remember I would like to get them all by October 20 if possible please.

I can't thank you all enough for donating your time and great efforts to make this a great success.

Blane

Sorry for the delay on my end...wanted to tie another set of flies but due to a severe run of bad luck on 3 fronts it hasn't happened.

Scissors and flies in the mail today.

Darrin

Received a group of nice flies from ZedcoGirl today!!! And now the boxes are off to the organizer of the event. Thanks for all who participated.

Blane

Received 2 great sets of flies and 14 pair of scissors from Yetavon a while back but had no clue who they were from and forgot to post. Sorry about that.

These boxes have turned out absolutly wonderful, the women will really appreciate them.

Thanks to all of you who've participated, am looking forward to hearing how they were received and will get back to you all with an update.

Thanks again to you all.

Blane

what were they, I think I've posted on all the received flies so far. But I need to know what they were in order to post a name.

I have a pic and feedback from those who took part in the retreat. Great job folks, it was a very successful event thanks to the flies received.

There is a pic of the group and if you click the down arrow, you will see the note to all of us.

Thanks again

Blane

CFR Photo.PDF

I was able to see the flies when they were turned in, everybody did a great job on the flies! Looking forward to next year. Thanks Blane for getting all the flies togeather.

Margaret

Due Date is October 20, 2011

I found out tonite that the women participating in the Texas Casting for Recovery Retreat need filled fly boxes!! I volunteered to put a post up here in hopes that I could get some of the members to donate to the cause. What I would like to see happen is to give them a few dozen flies each, to use or just hold on to. I was told these women Treasure the flies in the boxes, because they themselves learn to tie flies on the retreat, and attach sentimental value to the flies in the boxes.

What I need from all those who want to participate is 14 flies(all the same) for warm water, ie: buggers, brown nymphs of various types, some bluegill bugs, top water poppers or foam bugs, small clousers, they will be fishing a small river for small bass and panfish.

I would love it if I could get them before October 20, 2011, since the retreat is mid November.

If you would like to take part in this please post the usual "I'm in" and I will put you in. I will send my address upon request.

Dallas Fly Fishers members are also taking part in this donation request so between them and us, I am hopeful to send these ladies out to the water with some beautiful fly boxes full of great flies to use or just keep and admire, in any case, any help with this project would be greatly appreciated.

For those that aren't familiar with Casting for Recovery, it is a charity for women that are recovering from or still have cancer, and this retreat is an event sponsored for these women to learn the art of fly fishing and fly tying for a week of guided excursions and relaxation to get a break from their stress filled lives.

Thanks in advance

Blane

1 SM

2 Flygirl - Mailed - Received

3 Margretann - Received

4 Bluegill576

5 NJ all day - Mailed

6 S Fontinalis

7 FishinBobNelson - Mailed - Received

8 RichZeiger - Mailed - received

9 Ikerajala - Received

10 ZedcoGirl - Received

11 FisheyeDon

12 fshrmanms - Received

:rolleyes: I read about the donations of flies would the donations also be fly material and rotary vise to be donated to the lady fly tiers.If so I would be glad to just send me the information to mail it.Email me