Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jhammer

9-13-11 - Auglaize River report

I spent some time at the vise a couple of nights ago whipping up some mini-clouser flies that resemble emerald shiners. I wanted to test them out, so I headed out to the Auglaize River. I learned my lesson from last time and packed my 6 weight as well as my 8 weight. Once again, I ended up getting into a mess of crappie. I landed nearly twenty of them. I also caught a couple of freshwater drum and a small largemouth bass as well. I've caught many smallmouth bass from the river, but this is probably my third or fourth largemouth from there. Here'e a few pictures! Tight lines!

Not to mention, I also snagged a few shiners. You know you've got a winning combination when you snag baitfish trying to school up with your fly!

0913011617.jpg

0913011618.jpg

0913011744.jpg

0913011750.jpg

0913011836.jpg

I spent some time at the vise a couple of nights ago whipping up some mini-clouser flies that resemble emerald shiners. I wanted to test them out, so I headed out to the Auglaize River. I learned my lesson from last time and packed my 6 weight as well as my 8 weight. Once again, I ended up getting into a mess of crappie. I landed nearly twenty of them. I also caught a couple of freshwater drum and a small largemouth bass as well. I've caught many smallmouth bass from the river, but this is probably my third or fourth largemouth from there. Here'e a few pictures! Tight lines!

Not to mention, I also snagged a few shiners. You know you've got a winning combination when you snag baitfish trying to school up with your fly!

0913011617.jpg

0913011618.jpg

0913011744.jpg

0913011750.jpg

0913011836.jpg

I like fishing the Auglaize, I try to get down on it when Iam at scout camp.

It's a great river to fly fish. If you can find an area below one of the few dams on it, you can catch almost anything. You never truly know what will be on the end of your line. Except this time of year because most likely it's a crappie. Hahaha! :lol: