Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
The Gordie fisher

What Else will take My efferts

Now That our Trout season is coming to a close

we now go for the coarse Fish (IE) perch Grayling Chub Pike Barbel

which we tempt with Maggots Paste sausage and other offerings so if any one has some flys for other than trout or salmon I would be grateful for any you have used and can pass on the patterns as i would like to persevere with my fly rod. so next year i will have some idea what i am about so any help would be graetful receved

thanks Mic

which we tempt with Maggots Paste sausage and other offerings so if any one has some flys for other than trout or salmon I would be grateful for any you have used and can pass on the patterns as i would like to persevere with my fly rod. so next year i will have some idea what i am about so any help would be graetful receved

thanks Mic

The guides on the Big Horn River have a late season carp-fishing festival on Yellowtail lake every summer. I don't have photos of any flies. But I have been told two of the hottest carp flies include the "Sea Gull Splat" and the "Loogie" (along with the more traditional black woolly bugger). The first of those two flies is mostly black and white dubbing on a hook. While the second is similar, with bands of green and tan worked into the dubbing mix.

grayling is a "coarse" fish where you are???

I did well on grayling in Alaska on soft-hackles size #12-14, peacock/grizzly woolly worms #10-12, and smallish white marabou streamers #8-10.

thanks Mic

The guides on the Big Horn River have a late season carp-fishing festival on Yellowtail lake every summer. I don't have photos of any flies. But I have been told two of the hottest carp flies include the "Sea Gull Splat" and the "Loogie" (along with the more traditional black woolly bugger). The first of those two flies is mostly black and white dubbing on a hook. While the second is similar, with bands of green and tan worked into the dubbing mix.

my thanks

will look in my black book and see if i can find your offerings ta again Mic

Ther are only Two kinds of people in this world them who DO and them who DONT who realy should

grayling is a "coarse" fish where you are???

I did well on grayling in Alaska on soft-hackles size #12-14, peacock/grizzly woolly worms #10-12, and smallish white marabou streamers #8-10.

Well now as I anm OLDER than i like to admit and very New to Fish that are not in my garden ihave to go by my bit of paper which lets me fish it says Salmon and Trout season and then Coarse season it don't say graylin by name so i just took that it was a coarse fish as i am told you only see them after Oct when salmon and trout are closed if i have got the wrong then you will have to forgive my ignorance

thanks for the tips much Appreciated Mic

There are two kinds of People in this wold Them who DO and them who DON'T who realy should