Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
brad432

Camera and dyed hackle

well, today was a bit of a successful fly tying day, got the camera set up to picture flies, and the hackle dyed for intresting tying. this is the first tye with my new intresting colors need to get some more materials that will match my colors, i used grizly and white hackle and dyed with the Kool-aid Technique. it was quite sucsessful for what it costs id say. a bit of an intresting tye, thats what comes from my brain in the late nights. made of only hackle and flash. anyways. here it is:

Bluegill has it right - I've had problems before until I compressed the file. If you aren't familiar with it, double click the file to open the picture in your default photo program. You may have to click on 'edit' first, but there should be a button to compress the photo. Should take care of your issue and cut the upload time while you are at it.

Deeky

i put it through ymy facebook and then got a url from it and put it through the system, was some what of a trouble. but, ill just have to get used to it.

Nice fly. Do you live around the triangle in nc? I recognize the great outdoor provision co bag in the background. Im outside of chapel hill.

yeah, i live in north raleigh, have access to that great outdoors and the orvis over in triangle, although neither are a short drive. i havn't gotten out for much fishing though.. what have they been hitting? i tied up a couple of leach patterns too thats what id have to guess on whats being eaten.. itd be nice to share reports with you since were so close in location, although i am usually fishing on ponds, but i have a house on lake gaston that i fish occasionally. usually spincasting there though

Yea that would be cool if we shared reports. I was at the haw in saxasapahaw last weekend and tw water was a little high but I still got around a dozen panfish and crappie and then I went to a spot where there are normally bass and caught three on a clouser. The weekend before I went to the Ararat river (it's the closest dh trout river to Raleigh) and got about five fish in the ten inch range and then caught a 16" fish which was the biggest I've seen on that river. Also are you a member of triangle fly fishers?

no, what is that, a fly fishing club? not familiar with the area, i really dont get around further than a few miles from home usually, and on occation with one of my dads friend fish a little river, but never fish trout, mostly just bass and panfish. do you know how deep the fish are around here nowdays? id like to get out this weekend, but id have to spend a while finding some fish before i started catching and i dont have to much time.

Yes it's a fly fishing club. They will fish together and have a monthly meeting with a demo fly tier or famous guide or something. Their website is www.triangleflyfishers.org they aren't having a meeting this month due to the holidays. Would this be the eno river you fish? If so I would try some little streamers for bluegill (#8 pink woolly bugger seems to be great in the winter) and big streamers for bass (#2 chartruess clouser)

ah, no i think i was fishing the tar river, but it was late last season, i might have been on the nuese, cant remember. anyways, ill check that website out and hopefully youll see me at the next meeting!, most of the clousers for around here, i tye are on a 1/0 by the way, i dont think that fish get discouraged from a mouthful, but then again, i catch most of the bass that i catch on the fly on a deciever clouser half and half, so ill have to tye up and try a smaller one next time, thanks for the tip. anyways happy tieings, and tight lines to you. keep in touch on the triangle area fishing.

Brad