Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Book or Video Recommendations?

Anybody have any saltwater book or video recommendations that might help me out with getting a better grasp on saltwater tying?

Will..there are a number of books... but two come to mind.."PopFleyes" by Bob Popovics, and "Tying Comtemporary Flys" By David Klausmeyer. I mention these because they go thought the steps... there are many other books which give you a picture and written directions..but not the picture steps with the directions. I don't think you need a video since you already know how to tie flys ... But those books are good... Klausmeyer's book goes though a number of different styles.. It is the only book I have seen that shows you how to tye Puglisi's fly with that fiber. Even his web site will not give you the steps..he just sells his stuff. ... and you can see how he does it at shows. Klausmeyer is a good guy and knows that people need pictures of steps. He is the editor of "Fly Tyer" magazine. And Pop Fleyes is really good for a number of epoxy worked flies. If I can think of anymore that have actual steps with pictures I will post. Let me know if you want a list of other books that have a picture and recipies...but no steps as pictures.