Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

Creek, Back bay go to fly

The flies below are all small baitfish patterns for April into May and June. All the fish moving in our on small bait. These flies work great for me and are simple to tie. I like fishing them on an intermediate line or floating with flurocarbon leader. They work great for fluke as well if you tie with some .35 wire and use a sinking or sinktip line.

post-36479-0-33054300-1325294713_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-09289600-1325294719_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-25958300-1325294728_thumb.jpg

You're welcome! You've been busy lately & I have yet to see something I didn't like!

One suggestion, tie some of these with Finn Raccoon or similar hair too if have it. A bit more action than bucktail,and more durable than marabou.

Sometimes flies with a bit more action can be worth having in the fly boxes some days!

Thanks brotha! I will take all the advice I can get man. I love trying new things and tying up flies with new materials! My fav fly to tie is prob popoviks surf cady, very life like, i really like super hair for small expoy imitations but all i hear about now is to put the epoxy down and go with the clear cure goo - what do you think about that stuff?

all i hear about now is to put the epoxy down and go with the clear cure goo - what do you think about that stuff?

I've not tried it. From what I've read, many like it. I don't have a problem with trying new things, but I'm set in my ways I guess, and really don't like the price of that stuff. When I was tying commercially I got used to the epoxy & am set up for mass producing with it. I have 2 rotators & can do 50 flies at a time, so for me, I'll stick to epoxy, particularly since I can get it at my local hardware store. Heck, it took me long enough to start using epoxy. If you try it & you like it, then of course use what works best for you. We're all different in what we like & what we don't. ;)

I def agree. I am right there with you I have to fly dryers and love using epoxy. The price is nuts for clear cure goo! And I do the exact same, I go to my hardware store and grab my epoxies! I think epoxy holds up great and once you learn to work with it you can create some pretty neat things! I also heard "knot sense" from Loon products is a very good alternative to clear cure goo and a lot cheaper????

Can't say, never used it! It was first marketed as an aid in securing knots, and IMO, a well tied knot doesn't need it, so I never tried it.