Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Missouriflies

Biggest Badest Dubbing Blender Yet

After hearing and seeing some of the canned air dubbing mixer thingies I had to customize for productivity. I used to use a coffee grinder to turn yarn into dubbing, no longer. Meet Cotton Candy 1.0.

IMG_8822.jpg

One giant crouton container, a grinder with a cut wheel, some silicone, some old underwear, and an air compressor...Im one happy camper.

IMG_8821.jpg

IMG_8825-1.jpg

what is the point of the special container?

it allows you to blast a high pressure air stream into the container without building excessive pressure or shooting dubbing out all over the place..and to do large loads.

What kind of yarn do you guys use to make your dry fly dubbings???

Just standard polypro? Thinking I might have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby. I have been using various furs for my nymph blends. Thanks goodness for my dogs.

Just standard polypro? Thinking I might have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby. I have been using various furs for my nymph blends. Thanks goodness for my dogs.

Uneik(ei?ie?) Needloft plastic canvas yarn (100%nylon)

and Red Heart "super saver"(walmart or other stores)100% acrylic

THANKS I have been a hanger rounder for quite awhile but seldom post. I appreciate the assistance. Could save our middle school fly tying club some money down the road. Our motto is "Get hooked on flies, not on drugs." Great kids and a program I have been involved with for going on nine years now.

THANKS I have been a hanger rounder for quite awhile but seldom post. I appreciate the assistance. Could save our middle school fly tying club some money down the road. Our motto is "Get hooked on flies, not on drugs." Great kids and a program I have been involved with for going on nine years now.

Video is now posted at the bottom of the original post

-its all pretty cheap except the compressor.

-it strikes me you are almost equating drugs with other good things, why even mention drugs in kids programs

(it's ok..., I'm just contemplating the ramifications of such slogans)

hope it helps

Nate...what do you teach? I teach Social Studies.