Fly Tying

2003 Fly Tyer Of The Year Contest

Okay...except for some fine tuning...all my flies are done. Now I have to find something appropriate to ship them in!

are small mouth and largemouth two different catagories, or are they being lumped into one catagorie, Also is there a catagorie for pike? I was just curious because I cant tye trout flies. rolleyes.gif baby.gif

I think smallies and largemouth should be two different categories and feel free to send in a pike pattern as well. The way to decided to work it is if we only receive a few flies for a particular species we will combine a few species into the same group but whatever you send in it will be added to the contest.

I'm in.....how about a roughfish category??? you know drum, bowfin, gar, carp, bullhead??? any one wanna compete with me?? well i suppose I can always try another category...like ALIGATOR!!! okay did I say it I'm in... any hook size restrictions?

TIGHT LINES...

HDS

ph34r.gif fish like a ninja

Well, if you know some carp patterns, and wouldn`t mind sharin them with me, what the heck, I`ll compete with you in that one! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Just to let everyone know I got my first set of flies in yesterday. It was a trout submission and if the first set is any indication of the contest it's gonna be a good one!

If you haven't signed up yet you still have plenty of time.

I would like to see all of the flies around the 31st of this month.

Tie 3 of the same pattern for any species you would like to enter a fly for. You may enter more than one species but only one fly per species, just make sure to tie 3 of each pattern being submitted. The extra flies are for the winners of each species and for the main winner

If I didn't say it before, I'm in 'cuz OSD said I was. tongue.gif

Now clarify the categories for me. I was going to tie something dry, nymph and maybe wet/emerger. Is this right or how do the categories go so I know what to tie.

Thanks....... wallbash.gif