Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FisherOfMen

High-Low

Hey guys I'm Nick Downey up here in the Adirondacks of NY. I'm from Star Lake, and live right on the lake with the 300 acres of fun about 100 ft from my front door. I've been fishing most of my life, with no real instruction or passion, but two years ago my uncle gave me his old boat and I've been on the water every free minute I had since then.

I hit the bass real hard the first year, and last year started for those rainbows. I really love trolling deep for those guys because its so exciting - you never know what's on the other end of the line.

Late last year I got into fly fishing. I was just getting into it when fall arrived, and winter has left me itching to catch some trout. I'm focusing mostly on the rivers and streams around here, not really interested in fly fishing all that much stillwater, except for certain circumstances. Now I'm compltely obsessed with fly fishing and am anxious for my first real season of flyfishing to start in 5 days on April 1!

Here's a picture I snapped a minute ago showing the view from the upstairs office where I do my schoolwork(homeschooled). You can probably guess why I get my schoolwork done a lot faster in the summer! -Don't let the sunshine fool you - it's 23F degrees outside!

That's my boat, a 12 ft. aluminum clunker from the 60's... But she floats! Motor is a Briggs 5hp and runs "most" of the time;) This boat was my great-grandfather's so it's been in the family for awhile.

post-42849-0-79167400-1332783687_thumb.jpg

So I'm a newbie Fly Fisherman & Tyer. Got the passion, lack the experience!

YES!!! Another flytying-highschool-flyfishing-homeschooler!

Ive been hoping for other teens to join, im sixteen next month and homeschooled too. Welcome to FTF!

Heck, I'm 4 times you guys age, and if I had that outside my back door, I probably never would have made it to school.

Heck, I'm 4 times you guys age, and if I had that outside my back door, I probably never would have made it to school.

DITTO! :lol: Welcome to the obsession!

Murray

Ive been hoping for other teens to join, im sixteen next month and homeschooled too. Welcome to FTF!

Better make that Christian-flytying-highschool-flyfishing-homeschooler! Gotta love Matthew 4:19, hence the username "FisherOfMen".

Although I'll only be in the homeschool category until Thursday. Then I'm free! (till college)

-Shipping to Ft. Benning, Georgia on August 14 for Infantry OSUT. Then 16 weeks of no fishing:(

Better make that Christian-flytying-highschool-flyfishing-homeschooler! Gotta love Matthew 4:19, hence the username "FisherOfMen".

Although I'll only be in the homeschool category until Thursday. Then I'm free! (till college)

-Shipping to Ft. Benning, Georgia on August 14 for Infantry OSUT. Then 16 weeks of no fishing:(

Yep Christian Homeschooler here too which is obvious (DUH!...:lol: )

Man that sucks that you dont get to fish will you still get to Fly tie? and learn stuff on FTF? (yes, I count FTF as a learning experience :D ).

Nope. Just running, pushups, and getting yelled at. Might sound odd, but I can't wait!

What!. Well you can do that at home. Haha. :):D .