Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieslayer

double beaded marabou jigs

Hey guys i knw this is mainly fly tying but i will give this a shot. I am having trouble tying up the double beaded marabou jig

and would like some step by step instructions on how to tie it. It would be greatly appreciated.

like these?

2bmarabousixpackbig1.jpg

use a jig hook

add 2 beads

tie on marabou tail

whip finish

cut thread

go fishing :D

like these?

2bmarabousixpackbig1.jpg

use a jig hook

add 2 beads

tie on marabou tail

whip finish

cut thread

go fishing :D

yeah just like those. do you pull the bou thru the beads or just tie on the tail.

thanks

Those look pretty cool but by the looks of the picture I don't see how the beads are put on first. The marabou is coming loosely out of the back of the second bead, there are no visible thread wraps like what would be visible if the marabou was tied in last. Granted, putting the beads on and tying the marabou would work just fine for the fish but there is some magic going on with those that I can't figure out.

Smallie, it looks like I see thread wraps right behind the lead head when looking closely through the bead. Maybe the marabou is tied on up front and then a thin wire or mono loop is put through the bead once it is started on the hook and around the hook bend and then the marabou is caught by the loop and pulled out through the bead. That is my best guess.

Kirk

it could be that the beads ARE installed onto the hook first and the bare stems of the marabou are inserted into the beads and then tied off behind the lead head of the jig hook

it could be the paint on the hook shank youre seeing

it could be that the beads ARE installed onto the hook first and the bare stems of the marabou are inserted into the beads and then tied off behind the lead head of the jig hook

it could be the paint on the hook shank youre seeing

I think you're right. The beads could be slid on the shank, slip the stem of the marabou along the shank through the beads, pull the beads back a little enough to tie off the stem behind the lead and then slip the beads back forward over the thread wraps and glue the beads in place. It does look like there is some glue between each of the beads and the bead against the head is glued too. I think you got it!

Good detective tying work.

Kirk

THANK YOU FLY TIRE AND KIRK FOR YOUR HELP... I TRIED IT THT WAY STEMS THROUGH AND IT WORKED THANKS AGAIN GUYS.

TIGHT LINES