Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ibonn

Lake Toxaway, NC

Has anyone fished Lake Toxaway in North Carolina? Also are there any good trout streams around the lake that anyone could recommend?

Not sure about that lake specifically, but it is very close to a lot of good fishing in a ten mile circle. Look at the NC trout map.

Thanks. I forgot that I picked up one of those maps last year. I'll check into it. Is the West Fork fairly accessible? I want to take my father in law fishing on a river near the lake and he does have some mobility issues(He can get around alright but I can't take him out bouldering on a mountain stream).

Take him to The fish hatchery about Brevard. About a 25 minute 20 mile drive. It is fairly easy. There are trails. MANY huge fish. Not many caught but easy to walk. On the way to hatchery most of Davidson River runs right along the road. It is park and fish. Many fish are caught out on delayed harvest areas, but it is easily fishable for a person who has walking issues.