Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Talkingplant

Howdy from Michigan

Hi everyone. New tier here. I've been lurking for a while and reading through as much as I can. Great info, thanks to everyone for sharing!

Today I discovered that my waders fit in the saddlebags on my motorcycle. My life just got that much better! I'm headed up north for a music festival this weekend and hope to hit a river or two on the way back, since the wife and the kids are taking the minivan.

I'm in southwest Michigan, heading up to Remus. If anyone has suggestions for spots to stop at, let me know. :)

My 10-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son are both learning to tie with me. We're having a grand time so far. We raise chickens and ducks, so there's a ready supply of useful feathers for us. But, I'm kicking myself for giving the butcher my deer skins the last few seasons! If I had only known...

Hope everyone is catching fish, or at least dreaming about their next outing. Have a good one.

post-44757-0-70388300-1346980074_thumb.jpeg

Welcome Talkingplant! You have picked the right place to drop your hat, lot's of tiers here with lot's of knowledge...and a boatload of them from all over Michigan. Great lookin' fly, sure to catch a couple!

Murray