Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ausablemur

Greetings from the Adirondacks

Hello All!

Have not tied a fly since the 70's and getting ready to start up again. Spent the day sorting boxes of material and setting up. My old Original Thompson A vise still looks like new and will probably stick with it for a while since it worked down to size 18 and a few Salmon flies in the past. I'm finding that a lot of my materials are no longer available, Herb Howard thread, poly X, etc.. Lots of changes. Tons of new materials. Still have the old Mustad and Partridge hooks in the little boxes. Also, there seems to be a lot more patterns. I'll stay with most of the traditional patterns to start out. Haven't started tying yet, head cement etc. on the way. Hope the eyes and hand can handle it as easily as 20 years ago:). Found this site the other night and it really looks good. Many thanks to all the folks sharing some great info.

Cheers,

Jim

Welcome Jim and step right up with your contributions. I am sure in no time you will be back into the full swing and addiction of tying. Lot's of patterns and info in the Fly Pattern Database too, hope you are adding some of yours

Murray

Hello. Welcome, I'm new here too but I saw your name and had to say hi. I went to Paul Smiths and spent several years fishing the Ausable, Saranac, Boquet and other streams in the Adirondacks. I sometimes miss that area, but not so much at this time of year...