Fly Tying
fdfretes

TRAVEL - WHERE ?

Little Red or The White River in Arkansas. say you have 800 bucks, a 4 wt,, want to catch trout and don't mind camping. Close to you...relatively and lots of fish. Plenty of campgrounds and weather will be reasonable. Just a thought.

I will third the opinion of Arkansas. I have had amazing days on the White River. You could do the trip rather inexpensive. Also, with the lake levels low the wade fishing has been more accessible this year. The Bull Shoal Dam State Park is rather nice this time of year and inexpensive to stay. Plus Gaston's is down the road and they have a good breakfast buffet. I fished Shenandoah National Park this spring and caught some native brook trout in the mountains a personal goal of mine. If small native fish are your thing I would go there. There are places that offer brown and rainbow fishing in the area but I do not know much about them as I was after the Brook trout. I did have fun fishing there but it was a lot of hiking with the fishing. Light rods and tippets with size 18 being the biggest fly you will probably throw.

I fish the Norfork and the White, near Mt. Home, Arkansas. The Blue Ribbon fly shop was out of business when I was there in June and October, but Dally's on HWY 62 at Gassville is great and so is Two Rivers on HWY 5 in Norfork. Just returned from 2 weeks of good fishing on the Norfork and camping at the Quarry/Dam campground. You could also go to the Mountain Fork near Broken Bow, OK. I've not fished it, but friends have and they like it. You would likely freeze in Colorado in November. I was on the Conejose during most of August and a lot of the nights were in the 40s then.