Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Onshore

A Very Salty Blog

For the past year I have maintained a journal of my travels and travails in living on and fishing Cape Cod. I've shared it with some friends and family. Now, a number of them have asked me to expand on it for 2005.

So, I've started an email Journal or BLOG. And, if that makes me a Blogger, than so be it. I've been called much worse. To check it out, goto...

http://journals.aol.com/fishinthecape/AVerySaltyPieceofLand/

So, what do you think? Use it to post comments or questions about fishing Cape Cod. If you coming to the cape to fish, check it out for what, where when and how or ask a question on the Blog. I look forward to hearing from you.

post-21-1104862786.gif

I know what I'll be reading to find some new spots...

Just started scouting out areas in Dennis around the new homestead....can't wait till Spring.

I'll have to start raking clams soon - thats sorta like fishing almost...

Awesome Bill! I just bookmarked it.......I will be looking forward to all the upcoming entries.

Mike

QUOTE (Sean Juan @ Jan 4 2005, 02:21 PM)
I know what I'll be reading to find some new spots...

Just started scouting out areas in Dennis around the new homestead....can't wait till Spring.

I'll have to start raking clams soon - thats sorta like fishing almost...

Didn't realize you were living here too. Shoot me an email or PM if I can be of any help, Sean

Bill, great idea...keep it up....it is important in the long run to keep these type of journals....

Nice job Bill I like your photos very much. What type of camera did you use?

If its film please mention the brand of film. Looks like Fuji to me.

FishHawk

Bill when I am down the cape I always stop in a see Tony... He comes out with a pile of water colors from the back room and i rumage though them and usually buy a couple each time...I have nice collection of a surf caster painted in different colors and beach looks... have three framed at home... so i will need to see him this spring and commission him to do one with my three flies.

QUOTE (FishHawk @ Jan 14 2005, 03:15 PM)
Nice job Bill I like your photos very much. What type of camera did you use?
If its film please mention the brand of film. Looks like Fuji to me.
FishHawk

I use two cameras. I have a Kodak Digital DX3900 with zoom that I usually take in the boat or have in the car. When I'm wading or from my Kayak or surf fishing, I carry a simple throwaway Kodak Plus digital.

Believe it or not, the throwaway has produced some of my best pictures the past two years. It costs about $10 almost anywhere an shoots 27 frames. To have them developed onto a disc for my computer costs about $5.00 - more if I want prints. For about $15, it gives me 27 shots of which usually at least 15 are good. That's about $1/pix loaded into my computer.

Having had salt ruin a couple expensive cameras over the years, I just don't take the best one much of the time.