Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gerorge

Hi from Darwin, Australia

Hi All,

Just joined, i am interested in all forms of fly fishing ( been doing it for 40 years ) from freshwater in New Zealand to saltwater in the tropics around northern Australia. I have tied my own flies all this time but you can never stop learning about new patterns, techniques and materials so i am here to learn. Also to meet others with the same love of the sport

I also noticed i cannot spell my own name.

George

Hi George, there are a few folk from down under. Look forward to seeing your flies. Are you salt fishing or bit of everything?

Hi George, there are a few folk from down under. Look forward to seeing your flies. Are you salt fishing or bit of everything?

Thanks for your message

We vary up here , saltwater species range from trevally, queenfish barramundi tuna mackerel snapper are the main ones but there many others susceptible to fly.(tarpon are here but they are tiny compared to what you have)Freshwater in the local billabongs amainly saratoga ( a lot of fun) and barra.

I often go to NZ to chase browns and rainbows so i will try for anything.Next year a friend and i are planning a trip to the Caribbean to try for the slam.

Flies here are mainly clousers and things( whistlers ) also gurglers or variations of these , not much sight fishing, the water is murky most of the time, we get tides up to 7 metres.

George

welcome Geroge,

Do you use the Alvey fly reels for salt ??

No, i use various reels, ie lamson, hardy, tibor, scott depending on where and what species

welcome to the forum, ex- aussie here living in kanada or 'freshwater flyfishing mecca' as i like to call it on occasions.

One of our members was just up in NT throwing bugs around.

Enjoy your stay, great people on this forum!