Fly Tying
Fishigan

Seasons and places to fish

I do believe the mirimichi is closed now, they have pretty tight spring and fall salmon seasons, costly to fish too as most of the pools are private. Ive been thinking about a trip but the cost always talks me out of it, i'll just stay here and fish the local salmon rivers in the fall

-T

Tim, yeah it was kind of expensive. For our honeymoon, we had driven North 3 hours for a long weekend since we were young and broke. The 10 yr trip was something that we didn't mind spending some money on.

I'll find out from John approximately how long the drive was. I just sat in the passenger seat and yapped the entire drive, so I'm not sure. wink.gif

Lots of great choices being posted. smile.gif

QUOTE (Fishigan @ Jan 11 2005, 10:06 AM)
...I've been talking with a fella in Mass. about striper fishing. I think I'm all set there....

Anyone we know???

We have hashed out some more details. It'll be an early thru mid June trip.

Biggest reason for going to New England is that Conn,VT,Maine,NH,Mass, and RI are the only states we haven't done yet. (Been in every state east of the Mississippi plus Texas and Louisiana.) I'd like to fish them all.

As for that fella in Mass. I don't know if ya'll know him, Dave Micus. Great guy from what I can tell. Does some great articles too.

We have some more talking to do. So far I have some patterns to tie and have gotten some simple info on stripers. He also give me a contact name if I want to fish the cape instead of the north shore.

I have really been checking out that Lopstick Lodge. Sounds like a good place to go and get in some easy access fishing for NH.

If anyone has any more suggestions please feel free to share them. You don't have to give up you secret spot or anything like that, unless you want to. wink.gif