Fly Tying
green

good places to buy fly tying materials

Local shops are the first stop, but if that doesn't work try Little River Outfitters in Townsend, TN. No shipping charges on anything and their tying selection is the best for a real shop I've ever been in. Most of their tying stuff isn't on their online catalog but just ask for Daniel or Byron and they will know exactly what to get you. No ties to the shop but I support good people and they are the best shop I've found in the Southeastern U.S. www.littleriveroutfitters.com

Jed

J Stockard is my usual haunt. The nearest fly shop is in Metarie, Uptown Angler. I've bought from them, and I like their atmosphere. The girlfriend found a store on eBay called Doc's Fly Box. They've a bigger selection than Stockard, their prices seem to be a few cents cheaper, and they combine shipping. Will give a review when our chenille and marabou come in

Recently have been buying from Orlando Outfitters. Good selection of material and equipment, prices are good. They are very prompt in mailing out orders.