Fly Tying
feathers

float tubes

Don't forget sunscreen (very important) and bug spray. Next time you're at KFC get some extra little packs of moistend towlettes, kind of a strange name, but the're good for wiping deet and sunscreen off your fingers. Gotta keep that line, leader, tippet and fly's free of chemicals.

Hi Feathers,

Just reading about where you will be float tubing; a crystal clear pond, that hasn’t been fished since 94, with a good population of strong-brood-stock strain of fish, that swim around like submarines, and explode to the surface to feed. I gotta tell you, I’m drooling, big time; it’s all over my desk.

Graham

Take a trip to PA and bring your tube and we'll hit the pond, open invitation...

I can't wait to be honest, I was looking in the bass pro shop master catalog for some accessories...hehe

feathers

Feathers, I was supposed to visit the in-laws in Medina NY, about the second week of June for a few days, then off to the Adirondacks for a week with my wife and son. It’s probably just a few hours drive from this part of W NY to C PA? I can get away and go fishing, they understand, my wife does. I sincerely appreciate the invite, hopefully we can do it.

Graham

Art - I have an Orvis tube. Actually it's a pontoon. It's actually made by Water Skeeter, but Orvis puts their name on it, and I like their colors and logo better than the ones just by Water Skeeter. I Love the design, the pontoons are (if I recall correctly) 5 ft long, by 14 inches around. You sit on a foam block about 4 inches thick, so your butt's out of the water most of the time (at least mine is, weighing in at about 170.) This padded seat also helps floatation in the evend of a 'flat'. I can have any 2 of the three main bladders deflate, and I still stay above water...barely, but safely afloat. The pontoon design creates less water resistance, but also puts you a bit higher, so creates more wind resistance. Still, on a calm day, I've covered over 3 miles of shoreline in my tube. Nothing beats being in a tube at sunrise, especially when the fish are hungry.