Fly Tying
Horseshoes

A thought is a marvellous thing

I was just sitting here watching tv and had a thought totally unrelated to what my eyes where processing.

Our house is older than our country Canada. Humph! Then we smiled and said " kind of cool eh?" Then laughed.

Go figure eh?

That is an interesting thought indeed. I had a similar one a few years ago when I was working near Jamestown Virginia. There is things that have been there since before the United Stated became a nation. I have always admired older buildings and would love to see some that have stood the test of time in other countries as well as some that are in this country also. I used to look for arrowheads occasionally and loved the thought that some that I found were from Indians, or Native Americans, that were here long before anyone but them had lived on this land.

I had been working in Alberta years ago on a film shoot. While waiting for some people's feathers to be unruffled I had decided to go off and sit on the bank in the canyon. As i was talking to a work mate I was tossing cylinder rocks into the dry river bed.

He asked if I knew what I was tossing so casually. Turns out it was dinosaur bones or fossils. I put a few in my pockets and then remembered we were in a canyon at a place called Drumheller. Dinosaur capital of the world.

Although this would have made a few people in the world a bit excited I turned and asked my workmates if he thought the dinosaurs we edible.

The Dinosaurs might have been edible ... but, had we existed at the same time, I think we might have lost in the race to see who ate who.

I am one of those who is very good at concentrating ... of focusing my mind on one thing at a time. This is what I tell my Wife. She says I just don't have any extra thoughts in my head to distract me.

"Simple minds are easy to entertain," I tell her, "fortunately for you since otherwise, I'd find you boring."

On the other hand ... she does understand me so well, and I AM easy to entertain, so we get along just fine.