Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flat Rock native

Ever wish you had 3 or 4 hands? Now I have 3 -Sometimes

About "PowerFlex by Andover" or 3M's Vetrap- Picture attached.

I am finding this stuff very useful for tying and fishing applications.

I use strips on the vices like a material spring to keep the tied-ins out of the way and it will work like a hackle guard to keep unruly feather collars out of the glue when finishing the head-end of the flies.

I also use it to wrap spools and coils of tubing or chenilles. Larger strips work on tippet spools and reels to keep lines from unspooling.

It reminds me of duct tape without sticky adhesives, it only sticks to itself. I learned about this from my office assistant who is into rodeo in a big way and she uses it to wrap up legs of horses. It comes in a wide-variety of colors from the ranch supply store is cost is pretty cheap.

If this has been a prior topic - Never Mind. I tried searching on keywords about this topic but found nothing thus ...

Also, I am wondering if there are help screens on this site as I have questions about uploading photos, replying with quotes from other postings, search queries, and other technicalities.

Hope you all are a having a good week, cold here in Weather-Challenged Wyoming but keeps me focused on tying when I can't go outside without frostbiting my a55.

1.1-DSC06958.JPG

First ... there IS a forum marked "Site Help and Suggestions" farther down the list.

I haven't tried using that stuff to help tying ... maybe I will. I do like it for wrapping handles of tools that require a gentle yet firm grip, like exacto knives, etc.

Oh, and though I am not in Florida ... I did go fishing here today, in sunny but cold California. As soon as I finish looking at this forum, I'll be posting a picture of the one fish I caught on "Fish Pictures".

Will check out the help forum, and I would gladly walk 3 miles to catch a +/- 3 pond smallie almost any day, need the exercise and love the bronze bugeaters.