Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

Spent spinners on a flyreel..... playing with lightning :-)

Terje,

These are really neat. I like the lighting and the clean look that you have captured. I am curious about the painting with light also. I have painted with all kinds of paint but never with light... When I used to have a black and white darkroom I used to play around with burning and dodging while I was making prints but the paint with light really has me wondering.

Take Care,

Tony

Terje,

These are really neat. I like the lighting and the clean look that you have captured. I am curious about the painting with light also. I have painted with all kinds of paint but never with light... When I used to have a black and white darkroom I used to play around with burning and dodging while I was making prints but the paint with light really has me wondering.

Take Care,

Tony

Thanks a lot, Tony :-) A clean look was exactly what i was looking for :-) :-)

Terje

Terje-

Excellent photo, I can't say enough good things about your skills. I really do think you could sell some of your photos, such as the Coke bottle caps, and this one too to the companies. Might keep you busy during those Norwegian winters!

Please keep posting your photos, they are a joy to look at.

Bill

netabrookie-

Painting light is not that difficult in concept. Basically, you spotlight your subject with a hand held flashlight or spotlight pointed at your main subject, for about 1/2 of your exposure time. For example, if you have a 30 second exposure, at night, using ambient light, you shine your light for the second half, or 15 seconds. You want to capture your image using ambient the first thing, then add your additional light. Probably has some thing to do with the way that the camera sensors capture the image.

Use a daylight bulb, or an LED light. Tungsten lights give an orange cast.

Bill

Terje-

Excellent photo, I can't say enough good things about your skills. I really do think you could sell some of your photos, such as the Coke bottle caps, and this one too to the companies. Might keep you busy during those Norwegian winters!

Please keep posting your photos, they are a joy to look at.

Bill

Thanks a lot. You´re too kind, Bill :-)

Selling pictures is not an option at the moment but one never knowes what happens in the future :-) ..... I want to learn more about photographing before i even think about selling :-) :-) :-)

PS. Thanks for explaining the things about painting with light. I think i got it from what you said. THANKS :-)

Terje

Terje-

Don't wait till you think "you're good enough", per a quote from a well known US photog. Photography should be a continuing learning experience, throughout your entire life. As he also said, "get your work out there!" Seriously, you've got the skills, don't hold yourself back.

Take care.

Bill

Terje-

Don't wait till you think "you're good enough", per a quote from a well known US photog. Photography should be a continuing learning experience, throughout your entire life. As he also said, "get your work out there!" Seriously, you've got the skills, don't hold yourself back.

Take care.

Bill

You´re absolutely right. I´ll never be good enough in my own mind, that´s something i have struggled with all my life but one should just go for it and don´t think too much :-) :-) :-)

Thanks, Bill :-)

Terje

Terje, those came out very nice. The lighting is soft and the material is very clear. The only thing that caught my attention was the subject is a little, just a little flat. It would be nice to up the contrast just a bit and "pop" the subjects a little more. It is personal preference of course but usually machined subjects are more attractive with a bit of contrast and less softness.

Just my two cents.

all the best,

Carl

Terje, those came out very nice. The lighting is soft and the material is very clear. The only thing that caught my attention was the subject is a little, just a little flat. It would be nice to up the contrast just a bit and "pop" the subjects a little more. It is personal preference of course but usually machined subjects are more attractive with a bit of contrast and less softness.

Just my two cents.

all the best,

Carl

Thanks a lot, Carl :-) :-)

Your advice is absolutely something i will think about. Thanks :-) :-)

Terje

Nice lighting. Ever tried to paint with light?

Henrik

Thanks, Henrik :-)

No, how is that done?

Terje

Sorry the little late reply.

It's done with a flash light, see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vEoUFAjKTM

Hilsen fra Danmark ;-)

Very interesting video, Henrik :-)

Thanks a lot for the link. It was really useful to watch :-)

Terje