Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fish For Life

I can finaly do it

After about 2 years of trying to counter wrap my flys, i can finally do it. Counter wrapping is a staple fly tying task that is needed for many flys. And i am so excited that i can finally do it!!! Ive tried time over time to do it, but could never get it to work. I would always catch a whole bunch of material, ruining the fly. Until tonight when i decided to give it a try once again. Your going to laugh when i tell you why it wasn't working before. The reason that it wasn't working before is because i was wrapping the wrong way. Instead of counter wrapping over you material like you are supposed to do; i was just wrapping normally, which is doing nothing and catching everything in its way. The word counter wrap means wrapping in the opposite direction than you normally would, pretty ironic that when i was trying to counter warp i was just wrapping the same way i would anything else, not counter at all. Im pretty exited right know, and am off to find a fly pattern that requires some counter wrapping. biggrin.png

After about 2 years of trying to counter wrap my flys, i can finally do it. Counter wrapping is a staple fly tying task that is needed for many flys. And i am so excited that i can finally do it!!! Ive tried time over time to do it, but could never get it to work. I would always catch a whole bunch of material, ruining the fly. Until tonight when i decided to give it a try once again. Your going to laugh when i tell you why it wasn't working before. The reason that it wasn't working before is because i was wrapping the wrong way. Instead of counter wrapping over you material like you are supposed to do; i was just wrapping normally, which is doing nothing and catching everything in its way. The word counter wrap means wrapping in the opposite direction than you normally would, pretty ironic that when i was trying to counter warp i was just wrapping the same way i would anything else, not counter at all. Im pretty exited right know, and am off to find a fly pattern that requires some counter wrapping. biggrin.png

Don't feel like you're the only person to ever do this. I recently learned that I had been doing the same thing.

s.