Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Unclelevi

Great Expo

Got to attend a terrific fly fishing expo in Blaine, MN last weekend. I actually got to meet Dave and Emily Whitlock and Dave was kind enough to autograph a book for me. Lots of really nice folks and some very helpful advice on fishing, tying, gear.............. Wow! If you get a chance to go to one of these, by all means, don't pass it up !

I have been on the look out for one of these for some time. I went about 16 or 17 years ago back in Oregon and it was the best time ever. I will keep looking since it sounds like they still going on.

Good luck finding one, Triple-B. I've been lucky enough to be involved in a couple of major meets in the Chicago area. I've never been to an actual fly tying/fishing show, though.

Here in Florida, I can't even find one. No shows, no clubs near me, nothing. Hopefully, your area isn't as barren as mine.

Mike, Orlando has a club which I believe might be close to you and Renzeti puts on a fair every year or two that draws big names (the past has seen Lefty, Pallot, Clouser, Popovics, Curcione, and many more). Contact Renzetti about when the next one might be. There is also the Florida IFFF conclave this fall.

Thanks, Swamp. I've contacted the club. I saw them once before, but when I see the last newsletter is dated 2011 ... I didn't go any further.

I'll see what kind of deal they have going.

I'm pretty sure they are still active. Those are the "legacy" news letters. They have events scheduled for next month. I know a fair number of members hit the ML (along with half the population of Orlando), but I also know a bunch fish fresh water. They are a sister group to BFFA of Brevard which I was a member/officer of for many years, some of the members might even admit it if you ply them with enough booze. Both clubs participate in an annual shad outing that camps out on Lemon Bluff at a members property. Here is a link to this years outing (already happened unfortunately). More than worth attending just to wake up to the herd of deer wandering through the tents in the AM wondering where all the weird mushrooms(tents) popped up from. There is also a club in the Cocoa area the does a lot more fresh water, I don't recall the name right now.

BTW Unclelevi sorry for the hijack...