Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mathewr

eden cane

I am hoping someone on this forum can help me. Today at a gun show I came across two gorgeous rods, both of them from Eden Cane. One of them was broken but I am hoping I can find someone to repair it and to top it all off, they only cost me a 10/22 ruger. Anyways, as I know very little about bamboo fly rods since my arsenal consists of a Scott A2, a Aleka A8, an Aleka X2 and a cabelas noodle, I am hoping someone can help me translate the model numbers for these rods. One is an 8618-11- line #7 and the other is an 8619-12 line #8. Also, the 8618 is the broken one and if anyone has any ideas on how to repair it that would be great. Thanks in advance for any information or advice you might have.

Eden Cane bamboo fly rods are made by one of the finest bamboo rod makers around right now. he made the bamboo fly rods for Scott Fly Rod company for awhile. if they were mine, i'd contact Bernard Ramanauskas and ask him directly. He could even repair the broken one. you may have to reach him through a used bamboo fly rod dealer. google "Bernard Ramanauskas" for more information.

eric

fresno, ca.

One is an 8618-11- line #7 and the other is an 8619-12 line #8.

This just an informed guess, but if the rods are are three pieces, I would read the numbers as 86 = length (8' 6"), the "18" and "19" are the sizes of the butt ferrule (in 1/64 inches) and "11" and "12" are the size of the tip ferrules. (These numbers make sense for the line weights, btw.)

Eden Cane is definitely top shelf.