Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TimRussell

honda recon 2005

Hey yall,, We are in the market for a new fourwheeler/ATV and want something like a utility/hunting fourwheeler so we can work, play, and hunt all at the same time.. We also thought about used or new and we figure if we buy directly from a dealer we would be able to get parts and stuff alot easier than a used fourwheeler.. My personal favorite all around is a Polaris without a dought in my mind but we are also on a low budget so we went to Turner's Honda Dealership here in Elizabeth City today and they had right many different ones in.. The two main ones we looked at was the Honda Recon 2x4 which I really liked and the Rancher 4x4 which I also liked but as far as the Rancher's go I think Id like to be able to shift from 2x4-4x4 better than full time 4x4.. I know on my buddy's polaris we go places in 2x4 most folks wont go in 4x4 so I still like polaris better though but anyways.. Im bout decided on the recon but just want some opinions because as far as I know the Honda Recon 2x4 2005 is a very reliable machine for the money with enough power to go around.. takemeasy and have a goodun.-Tim

ps: also im not sure but I believe the recon we looked at was a green 250..

not that I'm trying to talk you out of a honda but what I'm really talking about is the size I have two suzuki ozarks they are 250cc also I am about 6ft 260lbs my wife is smaller 130ish we have no problem with keeping up we ride with all types of bikes 4x4 and 2x4 125s to 800s we only had 1 in the begining and me and my wife used to double on it with a cooler on the front we still got around really good i looked at hondas yamahas kawasaki and polaris I would have bought a honda but it had drum brakes on the front and I wanted disk but any ways a 250 is a great bike for the money after all ten years ago a 250 was as big as they came and we all rode then with no problem and the bikes were smaller frame wise back then anyways happy hunting hope you find a great deal thumbup.gif