Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Floods in TX and the south states

Just saw some footage of the Blanco River in TX. I've read about the Blanco a few times in mags for it's warm water fishing. I also know there are some people on this board from TX and hope they are okay. People are getting trapped in their cars by a sudden rush of water and for them I feel bad and am glad we have great rescue squads helping them out. Then there are there are the ones who look at a raging river flowing over a road and thinking, "Gosh, if I just drive fast I can make it". For those people I'd be tempted to throw them an anchor. DON'T DROWN...TURN AROUND.

Twice in less than 2 weeks. We are in SE Texas with the Neches, Angelina and Sabine Rivers close by.

Good news is, the reservoirs are getting some much needed water. We got 13" in 10 Days. My back yard was higher than I have ever seen it in my 12 years there.

A friend of mine got 2 feet in the house she bought a month ago. That hurts. She lives right on a bayou, though.

Kirk B.