Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BIG BOPPER

Bopper's here!

Hi Folks!

I'm in Catonsville, MD My occupation is EMT-Paramedic with a local Fire Dept. In my former life I was a player for the Puerto Rican National Basketball Team. I was surrounded by tarpon and a lot else down there but never really fished for them. I'm kicking myself now. Marlin are just a mile offshore!Recently I went back and caught a bunch of small tarpon on a 6wt. in a little canal. There like bass on steroids. Anyway I've only been flyfishing & tying for a couple of years. My passion before this was Golf & working out. I still work out but my clubs collect dust now. I'm about an hour from the upper Potomac and I love it there. The beauty and history and the fishing makes it a great experience. If I only have a little time, I'm 5 min. from the Patapsco River. I fish the Hickory Shad run @ Deer Creek which dumps in the Suskuehanna(Spelling?) in April. Before that and after Smallie season I'll go for trout @ Gunpowder and some of the local stocked streams. Late in the summer I'll take my kayak to Kent Narrows of the Chesapeake Bay and chase Stripers. I prefer to wade in the rivers but will also Kayak.

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself. Looking forward to sharing more.

Big Bopper biggrin.gif

Hey Big Bopper, welcome to the Forum. Man, all that time in P.R. and you didn't fish. What a bummer that is.

I actually know where Catonsville is. My son graduated from UMBC and we've been there many times. That's a very nice area. Always liked vivsiting there.

Stripper fishing from a kayak has to be a fun time. As powerful as strippers are don't they tow your kayak around a bit or do you anchor?

Hope to hear more about the stripper fishing there.

Chantily lace and a pretty face..with a pony tail hangin down, a wiggle in her walk and a giggle in her talk ..lord...make the world go round.... wink.gif laugh.gif

Welcome Big Bopper cool.gif

SD

Thanks for the seranade(Spelling?) Steeldrifter. I like your Jim Croce tune.

And Waterflogger, most of the Stripper action is on the infamous "Block" on Baltimore Street. I will keep you aprised on the Striper action this year. Thanks for the welcome.