Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flat Rock native

Crosscut Zonkers... All DIY Suggestions Needed

Here you go all -

When I made the first one I looked at the one on youtube and thought that's an emergency room visit waiting to happen!!LOL I got the parts together and the first one I used carpet cutting blades, and then found the double edged blades. I got all the parts, you'll need lots of the washers

100_7190.jpg

The first one with carpet cutting blades, the small spacers determine how wide your strips are

IMG_0161.jpg

With double edged blades

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

These are mink straight cuts - from a fur coat my daughter sent me

100_7139.jpg

in this picture on the right side of the fur you can see the long hairs and this is how you'll get your cross-cuts - if you have to cut one strip to get the right direction of the hair and then you'll know for sure which way to clamp your skin for cutting

100_6843.jpg

Here's a bunch I've cut

100_6841.jpg

100_6844.jpg

100_7187.jpg

Squirrel

100_7287.jpg

No matter what you do you'll get fur flying until you get the right angle - I use a vacumn cleaner and suck up the loose fur. The loose fur you can use for dubbing and if you do alot of colors you can even try mix's.

Hope this helps!!

Here you go all -

When I made the first one I looked at the one on youtube and thought that's an emergency room visit waiting to happen!!LOL I got the parts together and the first one I used carpet cutting blades, and then found the double edged blades. I got all the parts, you'll need lots of the washers

100_7190.jpg

The first one with carpet cutting blades, the small spacers determine how wide your strips are

IMG_0161.jpg

With double edged blades

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

These are mink straight cuts - from a fur coat my daughter sent me

100_7139.jpg

in this picture on the right side of the fur you can see the long hairs and this is how you'll get your cross-cuts - if you have to cut one strip to get the right direction of the hair and then you'll know for sure which way to clamp your skin for cutting

100_6843.jpg

Here's a bunch I've cut

100_6841.jpg

100_6844.jpg

100_7187.jpg

Squirrel

100_7287.jpg

No matter what you do you'll get fur flying until you get the right angle - I use a vacumn cleaner and suck up the loose fur. The loose fur you can use for dubbing and if you do alot of colors you can even try mix's.

Hope this helps!!

Duly noted... Thank you... Awesome resource!!!